Monday, March 24, 2008

After spending so much hours on fsdeveloper.com, I realised that great ground textures and polygons like http://www.flytampa.com/ can't be achieved without SCASM code, which comes with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 SDK (Software Development Kit), which can only be found on the installation CDs.

So to overcome this problem, I decided to go to TARGET (© 2008 Target). My day was long as I was also searching for gifts and presents that I could give to my family. Although being 16 years old has not been any obstacle in my way, I still consider myself as a mature and sensible guy when it comes to reality. I had to look up my budget and had to wait 2 or 3 days before I went to the store and bought the original Microsoft Flight SImulator 2002 CD for $7.99 but I also had to pay the 64 cents tax. After paying and taking the CD back to home was a long journey that seemed to never end. I couldn't wait to get home and get my hands on the SDK. But as soon as I reached home I realised that I couldn't do anything due to my limited users capabilities on my home computer(Thanks to my mom).

Anyways, I still opened up the new pack and smelled the fresh copy (although a very old one) that I had recently bought. I wonder if Microsoft is still making this version of Flight Simulator?


So After watching a bit of difference in Pirated version copies that never seemed to work that I bought from some old shops where I used to live before this place, I was delighted that the CDs said: "Do not make Illegal Copies of this CD".

Ahhhhhh! this was the time I used my Canon A560 with normal lenses and took some pictures of my CD case and CDs. Doesn't it feel good to buy a new game? My bad! its not a game, its the simulator.

So the picture of the new CD:













And a preview of the blue print book:











Stand by for more details later :)

This is really a good time to ask you Pakistani guys some favor;

As this scenery of Faisal Base (OPSF) is going to be payware, I would like to collect as much information on the Air base as possible. If anyone reading this out there can give me some extra goodies that I can work with, I would asure you but not garantuee a free copy of this scenery.

And this is the point I start thinking about developing stuff, also for FSX (8) .


Muhammad Sarmad Khan
(Working for himself.)

No comments: